Off to New York

by | published May 31st, 2011

Time’s tight this week, so you’ll get my next full report in a few days.

That’s because today is the launch of my new book, The Vega Factor: Oil Volatility and the Next Global Crisis, published by John Wiley & Sons. (Click here to be one of the first to get it.)

And that is why I am in New York City.

As you read this, I am preparing for a morning meeting with Barron’s at the News Corp. Building in Manhattan. This is the first of 11 interviews here over the next couple days. All of them are on the book and what it says about the accelerating volatility in oil trade.

I’ll be doing “Closing Bell” on CNBC from Wall Street later this afternoon (4:15 pm Eastern time) and Fox Business tomorrow at 2 pm.

Other interviews are with The Wall Street Journal, TheStreet.com (Jim Cramer’s gang), MarketWatch, Dow Jones Newswire, Yahoo! Finance, Fox News,and two with Bloomberg Radio – “Taking Stock” with Pimm Fox tomorrow afternoon at 3:35 pm and “The Hays Advantage” with Kathleen Hays at 2 pm on Thursday.

One thing is now certain…

Following the sharp changes in oil pricing over the past several weeks, nobody needs persuading to see that volatility is the great unknown factor in the energy sector. The big problem emerging, however, is the inability of the market to understand how it factors into the actual pricing of oil.

Of course, we have been talking about it all along in these very columns.

As greater attention is directed to what this instability means to the investment community, the commentators in both print and broadcast media are asking me what the average investor needs to do.

Seems the book is coming out at the right time!

I’ll be giving advice to the CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg,and MarketWatch audiences on moves individual investors can make to profit from this environment. I will even be making specific stock picks to help them on their way.

However, subscribers to my Energy Advantage and Energy Inner Circle have already received these calls (and many more), while the rationale for those choices has been unfolding here in the columns of Oil & Energy Investor for well over a year now.

That’s the way it will stay. My calls are made here first.

Sincerely,
Kent

Please Note: Kent cannot respond to your comments and questions directly. But he can address them in future alerts... so keep an eye on your inbox. If you have a question about your subscription, please email us directly at customerservice@oilandenergyinvestor.com

1. graham vance
    May 31st, 2011 at 11:53 | #1

While totally following the Doctor and having gained for the most part, I am awaiting his introduction of investments he has been promising 1300

I await the 1300% gains from investments the Doctor has been referring to for the last year.

2. Dick McClure
    May 31st, 2011 at 12:40 | #2

I am waiting, too! However, the flavor has changed to a way of investing which is more risky and time consuming, therefor.
    I am not a trader, and want to return to fundamentals as a basis for my gambling (investing euphemism).

3. Dick McClure
    May 31st, 2011 at 12:43 | #3

I still think the professor is way too verbose, though I am sure he can justify such behavior. I am not in favor of sound bites either, just more succinct messages. Get to the point, please!

4. May 31st, 2011 at 13:23 | #4

I am a trader, but very cautious. The more succinct and direct your recommendations are, the better. I would bet that the majority of subscribers feel the same way. That being said, I find the Doctor and his columns invaluable to my investing strategies. Thanks.

5. Stephen Kennedy
    May 31st, 2011 at 13:55 | #5

I am already a paid subscriber but it seems that to get the latest info, you must subscribe again or to another named newsletter, which will probably refer you to another newsletter for a 1218% gain,
    which will allow you to get an email telling you about how you can gain 3067% if you only subscribe to another newsletter,etc,etc.
    I have today rec’d an email stating that he will be on a number of financial shows recommending stocks but he doesn’t say which categories
    I guess we all could save money by not subscribing and just watching CNBC OR FOX

6. Ventureshadow
    May 31st, 2011 at 18:03 | #6

I get newsletters from half a dozen different “doctors.” Their academic credentials do not mean their recommendations are better. If Buffett and Heebner have doctorates they don’t wave them around. Heck I have two doctorates (this is true), so you should give me a big discount to count me as a subscriber.

7. archivesDave
    May 31st, 2011 at 18:38 | #7

SEVEN Energy Game Changers??? I only see three of them here!
    I hold to Lindsey Williams’ prognostications which run counter to yours.
    Abiotic Oil is (and has been) proven!

8. G. Boyd
    May 31st, 2011 at 22:51 | #8

@Stephen Kennedy
    Ditto your comments. Seems every purchase just gets you advertisements to spend more $$ and no real results.

9. Sven J.
    June 1st, 2011 at 16:39 | #9

If all you gripers are looking for a quick buck, then you and your money will soon be parted. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and I challenege any of you to say that Dr. Moors doesn’t know what he’s talking about. When any of you find a crystal ball, I’ll subscribe to your newsletter.

BTW, just because Money Map Press markets other writers, it doesn’t implicate Dr. Moors. What a bunch of cynics.

1. No trackbacks yet.